I am a citizen and resident in the Town of Grimsby. By signing this petition, I am expressing my concern for the development proposed for the Downtown – Main Street site at 6 Doran Avenue.
I support and encourage a vibrant and prosperous downtown where both residents and businesses benefit from responsible and controlled growth and redevelopment.
I hereby state my opposition to the proposed development in that:
• The proposed development is over-intensification of the site.
• The proposed height of the development, at eight storeys, does not respect or maintain the streetscape character of the downtown.
• The proposed development creates a negative impact and does not protect or enhance the historic character of the Downtown
• The proposed development does not respect and “protect the small town character and feel of Grimsby”.
• The proposed development at eight storeys does not respect the Official Plan height maximum and the vision and core design of the heritage and historic Downtown.
I respectfully request that this Council not permit the development as it is proposed at eight
storeys and require the proponent to adhere to the four storey height maximum for the Downtown -
Main Street area.
I respectfully request that this Council respect and adhere to the Official Plan height maximum as set at four storeys for this site.
I would ask that this petition be included for information and action to Council.