Below are files from Freedom of Information requests related to the District School Board of Niagara. Click text to view a PDF copy of the file.
District School Board of Niagara emails
- Page 1: April 24th email from Trustee Elizabeth Klassen to DSBN Sue Barnett and Director of Education Warren Hoshizaki re petition and other community responses to flying of the Pride flag at area schools.
- Page 2: April 24th email from Education Director to others circulating the petition Trustee Klassen mentioned and Board Chair Sue Barnett’s response (Petition not included). Also, DBSN Barnett’s response.
- Page 3: April 25th heavily redacted email from Karen Bellamy, (Executive Assistant to DSBN Director of Education) sent to trustee Elizabeth Klassen and CC'd to DSBN Chair Sue Barnett, setting up a meeting to discuss security measures at Board and Committee meetings. No reason given for redactions.
- Pages 4-5: May 28th email from Sue Barnett, chair of the DBSN Board of Trustees, alerting the Board members and the Director of Education about A Better Niagara’s Facebook post
- Pages 6-7: Trustee Elizabeth Klassen’s May 29th email to Director of Education Warren Hoshizaki and his May 30th response following the public meeting where a code of conduct violation charge was to be heard made against Trustee Baggott or suggesting in a St. Catharines Standard article that there should be a more public process for the director’s annual performance review.